Sunday 5 May 2013

The Bank Holiday Blues


I may take my Spring break real soon,
I might take my May Day in June
But what shall I do
When I feel a bit blue
And my whistle's all out of tune?

I worry that August will fall
On a day that's no good at all.
When the world is at rest
And I'm still in me vest
Do I really have to play ball?

It's been a funny old year,
Someone's muddled up all the cheer.
Was Easter a joke?
Who was that bloke?
Was that Santa I saw with a deer?

The calendar's gone all wrong,
Perhaps it will fix with a song?
So let's sing out loud,
Be jolly and proud
Then maybe next year won't be long!


Craft ways make blue days.

EE xx







2 comments:

  1. Simply the Bestest thats what you are Dear EE....thats another smile you have put on my face...xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~ LOVE it....Tis a' hiddly ~ piddly' old world, isn't it just!~ Leaving you smiling too :) Maria x

    ReplyDelete